Monday, June 1, 2015



"Behind schedule already and I haven’t started class:"

By Stephen Herriman
According to Pappas, I remember and recall the following events while on vacation.  I looked at five or six different topics for the research and dissertation.  After getting back from vacation this past Wednesday from Chicago, I began reading my e-mails.  There are two from Dr. Weaver.  The first asks us to contact her if we have not IDT 8100.  Since I am from the old program, this was not a class that was offered under our program.  So the rest of the class has the upper hand on me.  I was following the old program that indicates after the last required and elective classes that you proceed to take comps and start research and dissertation.  I am just following the rules.  So I seemed shocked to find that I am behind from the start.  On Friday, I am setting up appointments using Google Hangouts to talk with the Librarian and making phone calls to my advisor to pick out a topic. 

To proceed forward, I made an appointment with the Librarian for Wednesday, June 3rd at ten o’clock via google hangout.  This is set in my calendar.  I then contacted my advisor but have to leave a voicemail.  I then contact the advisor on Saturday the 30th of May at 3:00 in the afternoon, to discuss the research topics of choice.  Dr. Martindale asks if would answer the big question ”Did I want to pursue and EDS or an EDD degree?”  I indicated that I wanted to go for the EDD.  We talked about the three choices that I had sent to Dr. Weaver.  I then offered up a fourth possibility. And that is what we decided on.    So the topic of the dissertation is “Since the Memphis and Shelby county schools have merged together and Since Millington, Bartlett, Arlington, Lakeland, Germantown, and Collierville schools have formed their own municipal schools, How has funding for technology changed and how is technology being delivered in these new systems?”

So I began to start looking for articles at the library for information on funding for different types of schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment